Old 09-06-2011, 10:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Drought!

On Thu, 9 Jun 2011 14:17:06 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

On Jun 8, 12:35*pm, mogga wrote:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environmen...gions-given-dr...

Wales, the south-west, the Midlands and East Anglia will be raised to
official drought status,

Sorry to spoil that idea, but not All of Wales, Here in the south our
resevoirs are at normal level for this time of year and some above
normal, that is according to the Welsh news this morning.

But, nevertheless, Dave, we're going to be classed as a drought area.
Where I am, even in 1976 there was no water problem (something to do
with some underground water source that has never dried up whatever
the circumstances - don't ask me), but drought restrictions will still
apply as they're regional (and the drought legislation doesn't
recognise Wales as a country with accepted south/mid/west/north
regions - we're all in a single lump). Probably down to those areas of
Wales where communities were submerged to provide water to the
Midlands and thiose in the Midlands getting worried (have you ever
thought that the Welsh are far more stoical than the English?). But
then, you over west have been getting far more wet rain than we at the
other end of the bay where the rain is usually dry!

Jake