Old 10-06-2011, 09:20 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Symbio Symbio Symbio Symbio is offline

Default effective microorganisms ?

On 9 June, 14:03, Emery Davis wrote:
On 06/09/2011 11:49 AM, Symbio Symbio wrote:

The use of microorganisms, applied in different ways is highly
beneficial to all plants, grass and vegetables.

We concentrate on two main areas of adding soil biology to your soil:
One is using Beneficial Mycorrhizal Fungi and Compost Teas

Well, those are some pretty pricey brewers, I must say. *You'd need to
have a pretty big operation to justify those sorts of costs. *Also this
doesn't seem to be EM in the strict sense of Dr. Higa's work, not that I
am disputing the benefits of compost teas generally.

As for mycorrhizae, the benefits are very well documented and indeed I
am looking for a UK supplier as the products are very difficult to get
in France. *I grow principally maples which require endo (as your site
correctly points out, well done). *I have a couple of questions.

First, can you ship to the continent.

Is there a way to treat trees in the ground, i.e. watering in.

I am considering a late season foliar application of Fostyl-Al (Aliette)
on both seedlings and established plants as there is some evidence that
this chemical controls ice born pseudomonas syringae infections. *It is
being used to augment first winter survival rates in particular. However
I am concerned it may have a negative effect on beneficial mycchorizal
populations. *Your opinion?

Thanks,

-E

P.S. *Advertising is discouraged here. *I found your post useful, but
attaching a name rather than a company to it might make it more
palatable to others.

Emery

I hope you are well,

I did not mean to offend..