Old 10-06-2011, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_3_] David Rance[_3_] is offline

Default OT aioe.org

Forgive this off-topic message but I believe some here have sometimes
collected news from nntp.aioe.org.

I'm thinking of moving from Demon news to nntp.aioe.org with a view to
closing down my Demon account altogether soon. Does anyone here use them
and, if so, are they reliable?

I've started collecting a few newsgroups from them (but not this one)
and so far they seem very good. I'm even getting messages that didn't
come to me via Demon! I've googled for information about aioe and the
only negative comments stem from January 2009 when their server went
down. For a free source of news they seem very good. They do have one or
two rules but for me they are not onerous.

Does anyone know differently?

David

http://rance.org.uk