Old 10-06-2011, 11:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Pruning Question

In article , Charlotte Grant
writes
Hi

I have a buddleja davidii that I want to keep to 4ft height, 3ft spread.

What pruning regime should I follow please?

Best regards,

Get alternifolia instead and train it to a single stem then all you need
to do is hack out every stem that flowers as the flowers die off after
flowering. Only about 5 foot high and spread.

Mine is heavily in flower as i type, Absolutely superb and smells of
honey, covered in bees. Might take a photograph!

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy