Old 10-06-2011, 04:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roy Bailey[_2_] Roy Bailey[_2_] is offline

Default Runner beans?

In article , alan.holmes
writes

I have planted about 20 runner beans and a whole three have come up!(:-(

I always start mine in deep boxes, and then plant them out. I bought
large a batch of Enorma seeds from a local family-run garden centre, as
I have done for several years.

Practically all of them germinated and I planted out nearly 60 at the
end of April. Of course, a very sharp frost on one night at the
beginning of May did for the lot.

So I went back to the garden centre, where they had a large supply of
plants of the same variety and spent good beer money on replacing the
'dead' ones. At least, I thought they were dead, but when I dug them up
some of them were shooting again from the base.

So I repotted them and now several of them are about 6" high and I am
wondering where to put them.

I hope this doesn't prove to Sacha that I know nothing about gardening
compared with ...!

Roy.
--
Roy Bailey