Old 10-06-2011, 07:02 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohli View Post
I agree with Drobium 3 plants are ample, too many and they will not flower as well. Last year I had a red and a white each in a clay pot and they flowered non stop until the frosts.

Incidentally I read that when planting tubs etc you should always plant three never 4 or 2

Mohli
True!
Trouble is, if you put 4 into a round container/basket, the thing just turns out looking unnatural, 3 just seems to go better.

However, if you have a square sided pot or basket with four corners, then you'll either have to use 2 and 4's.
This does make planting easier though as the baskets are more symetrical.
Yay! it's spring!