Old 10-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn1 View Post
FredAt.gardenbanana.uk wrote:

I am considering using lengths of flat sprinkler/soaker hoses - there
are a few brands on the market with the idea being that one face gives a
sprinkling action while the other gives a dripfeed - to water two
stretches of lawn (actually Wild Thyme) of around 25m2 each. However,
given that I have never used these hoses before I thought it best to get
some views - will this work or am I better of using a conventional
sprinkler system. I'd me most grateful for any advice.

I'd not recommend soaker hose for lawns.
I agree!
However, for borders and flower beds, soaker hoses are really good!
They waste little water and they don't weigh down flowers with water like sprinklers can.
Thyme lawns, if not too big are better watered by hand.
Yay! it's spring!