Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
Dave Mc

Default No PH change with DIY CO2

Alex, are you saying that a DIY CO2 setup cannot produce enought

pressure
blow through an airstone?

Actually, what I meant by an adequate diffuser was something like the

Eheim
diffuser used under high pressure in pressurized systems.

Thanks for the heads up Alex. As I say I'm new to this lark. I've gone and
read some articles on thekrib about CO2, KH & PH. From these I would have to
assume that my CO2 may not be desolving well, even though I'm getting a lot
of bubbles in my tank (see my close up photos at
http://www.mcconnellhousehold.com/Main.htm) I might try building a reactor
like thoes detailed at the krib, but if my readings are accurate my CO2
should be between 10 and 18 ppm, (KH 6ish PH 7-7.2) and this is probably
sufficient for my needs. After all I am keeping this primarily as a fish
tank.

Dave Mc