Old 11-06-2011, 03:06 AM
GardenerBlog's Avatar
GardenerBlog GardenerBlog is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikky View Post
Hi everyone, I've only just recently moved to a property with a garden and, as such, I'm a complete beginner at everything! My main problem is that there seem to be weeds coming up in the flower bed which climb up round the plants. I've tried pulling them out but they just break off and leave the roots in the soil. Is there a weedkiller that I can use which won't harm the flowers. I've heard of a substance that you paint on the leaves of the weeds. Are these any good. Your help much appreciated.
Hello Wikky, the only best way is try digging out the weed roots with a small peel. Make it regularly and don't let weed flowering. Their seeds will make your bed more and more baby weed next season.
Don't try to use chemical, it's not good for your health, soil, and flowers.