Old 10-06-2011, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT aioe.org

"Martin" wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:31:55 +0100, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

"David Rance" wrote in message
Forgive this off-topic message but I believe some here have sometimes
collected news from nntp.aioe.org.

I'm thinking of moving from Demon news to nntp.aioe.org with a view to
closing down my Demon account altogether soon. Does anyone here use them
and, if so, are they reliable?

I've started collecting a few newsgroups from them (but not this one)
and
so far they seem very good. I'm even getting messages that didn't come
me via Demon! I've googled for information about aioe and the only
negative comments stem from January 2009 when their server went down.
For
a free source of news they seem very good. They do have one or two rules
but for me they are not onerous.

Does anyone know differently?

I haven't used them, but I understand there is a restriction on the number
of posts you are allowed to send.
I use news individual net and am very pleased with them. They filter out
all the spam too!

They also react fast to complaints about spam.
--

And have a 24/7 helpdesk you can email and a real person responds within a
few minutes. I cannot praise them highly enough - a real bargain for 10

Tina