Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Granity Granity is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedfordshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drobium View Post
Titchmarsh every time!
Gardeners World is too full of either egotistical presenters or irrelavent horticulture.
Titchmarsh is the same sort of bloke as us lot on this forum, he loves gardening and loves to teach all the tricks of the trade and things that all proper gardeners need to know.
I mean, who cares about the latest faddy plant thats being planted into a stainless steel wellington or whatever.
I want to know why my honeysuckle isn't flowering or what to do with that patch of brambles at the end of my garden and things like that.
I do miss Alan from GW and I haven't really watched it since he went.
I'm enjoying his new series though, that to me is REAL gardening!

GW has really gone off the rails over the last 3-4 years because I think they are far too interested in fashion rather than the day to day stuff.
I've not seen any faddy plants that are being planted into a stainless steel wellington or whatevers in Gardner's world in the current series, it's much much better than last years.
I watched Alan Titchmarsh last night and yes it was quite good but if the two clash then GW will win every time