Old 20-04-2003, 06:22 AM
nikolay_kraltchev

Default Maintaining Fe

Has anyone had a problem maintaining the amount of Fe?
I fertilize up to about 0.2 ppm Fe one day and the next morning I get
0 (inreadable).

My plants seem to grow ok, nothing outstanding, but the Fe seems to
either be used up very quickly or to break down quickly.
I've used 2 differen types of Fe fertilizers and my Fe-test kit is
good.

The tank:
- 55 gal. standard tank
- 2 watts / gal., 2 x 55 watts AHSupply CFs, Miro reflectors
- Dense planting, about 10 species of plants
- 100% Fluorite
- N03, P04, K, KH, pH - according to Tom Barr's recomendations
- Traces - I have overdosed on these the last 3 weeks (may stun the
plant growth)
- Water changes - 10 gals per week.

--Nikolay