Old 11-06-2011, 11:32 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod[_5_] View Post
I wonder if anybody knows what this is? It's a self sown seedling, I
have 3 of them and I'm sure I've seen more seedlings when weeding so
it could probably become a nuisance if I'm not careful. I'm quite
happy to have a few of them around though - I quite like it and it
grows in some of those difficult to plant hot dry poor places.

whatisit1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
whatisit3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
whatisit4 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

There's also a selection of recent photos of my garden in that set.

Rod
It'd be nice to have a bit more of a close-up of the flowers. M first thought was Linaria, which seems to appear from nowhere as a seedling, and grows in the most dreadful soil. It has little snapdragon-like flowers.

But if it doesn't have snapdragon-like flowers, it'll be only for those vaguely aromatic things like Perovskia (not Perovskia, which has a much greyer look to it) and someone else will have to id it!

I like the pink quartered rose, btw.