Old 12-06-2011, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Missing Plant!

On Jun 11, 8:08*pm, wrote:
The hanging basket near the kitchen window has a hole in it and a plant
missing. *At first Nick was convinced someone had come and stolen a plant!
But I found a shrivelled up plug on the other side of the basket which I
presume is the ex-plant. *:-( *(It's the Voodoo giant fuschia, which is
annoying!)

Culprit - squirrels? *It's quite a high basket, about 7' up. *It almost
looks as though a chicken has got into it, but I'm /fairly/ sure that they
can't jump that high.

--

Blackbird or thrush is a likely culprit. They go leave flicking/
tugging/scratting on the ground looking for insects.