Old 12-06-2011, 01:54 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
On Jun 11, 9:47*pm, Rod wrote:
I wonder if anybody knows what this is? It's a self sown seedling, I
have 3 of them and I'm sure I've seen more seedlings when weeding so
it could probably become a nuisance if I'm not careful. I'm quite
happy to have a few of them around though - I quite like it and it
grows in some of those difficult to plant hot dry poor places.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sylvan4...72157626909132...

There's also a selection of recent photos of my garden in that set.

Rod

Try purple loosestrife Purple Loosestrife
No, purple loosestrife is redder than that, and the leaves are too small and too smooth, and the sides of the leaves are too parallel.