Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Disappearing Cherries

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

Ok so the few cherries I left on the two trees have disappeared. Now I
know the birds will go for them but don't they usually leave you the
stalk with the stone attached? No stalk or stone anywhere near the
trees so have we got two legged cherry eaters helping themselves?

You are not alone, Bob.
We had our first few cherries last year and they never got touched.
This year they have all gone witout a trace.
My 2 trees are only 6 or 7ft tall, so it could be 2 legged cherry eaters.
I was really looking forward to a few cherries this year. Last years few
were SO succulent and was thinking that in the future years we would have a
nice little supply. Nothing is easy is it!

What I am thinking now, as ours are small is to erect a cage around them
and prune heavily every year so as to contain them.

Seems that everything in the garden has to be covered these days.

Baz