Old 12-06-2011, 01:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default What's this?

On Sat, 11 Jun 2011 13:47:51 -0700 (PDT), Rod
wrote:

I wonder if anybody knows what this is? It's a self sown seedling, I
have 3 of them and I'm sure I've seen more seedlings when weeding so
it could probably become a nuisance if I'm not careful. I'm quite
happy to have a few of them around though - I quite like it and it
grows in some of those difficult to plant hot dry poor places.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sylvan4...7626909132364/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sylvan4...57626909132364
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sylvan4...7626909132364/

There's also a selection of recent photos of my garden in that set.

Rod

To me it looks more like Willow Herb. I've seen it as a wild flower
in many places but I have grown the white version, which is very
pretty but invasive. I would say willow herb rather than purple
loosestrife. May be wrong, blame my eyes if so.

Pam in Bristol