Old 12-06-2011, 04:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Please Identify Plants For me

On Jun 12, 8:14*am, wrote:
In article ,

Bob Hobden wrote:
"kay" *wrote
ploppygb Wrote:
I have the following two plants in my garden and don't know what they
are. *Could someone please help? *Both photos are vary zoomed in.. *The
purple "flowers" are about 2-3 inches long.

http://tinyurl.com/6enlkzo

Mock Orange (Syringa). It should be strongly fragrant.

I think it's a Philadelphus.

Yes, but she was posting English and you are posting Latin!

One of the common names for plants in the genus Phildelphus is
syringa, though Syringa is the generic name for lilac :-)
There are lots of gotchas like that ....

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

If you are going to use the American Syringa for Philadelphus, then
you might as well go back to calling Hebe Shrubby Veronicas