Old 12-06-2011, 04:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Exochorda

On 06/12/2011 05:23 PM, Jeff Layman wrote:
Just been to an NGS garden. There was a shrub with fruit that I hadn't
seen before. According to the owner, it was Exochorda (x macrantha "The
Bride" apparently).

Does Exochorda commonly produce fruit? The owner had never seen fruit
before, and I haven't come across it. But then it's (a) usually in
flower when I see it, or (b) I paid no attention to a shrub not in
flower so just didn't notice it.

Can those who grow Exochorda confirm that it regularly fruits (or
doesn't) as the case may be?

Never seen any fruit on mine, FWIW. Not a very mature plant either,
though it's put on a lot of height.

-E