Old 12-06-2011, 10:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default I'm worse than a slug :-(

On 12 Jun 2011 20:42:12 GMT, wrote:

Bill Grey wrote:
I just snapped my best courgette at almost soil height. :'(
Stupid girl! Just joking - do you have more?

Come now Tina, if she snapped her "best" one there must have been at least
three to have used "best" as a comparason :-)

Don't see why it couldn't have been best of two.
HOwever.
I just did a count, and I have 14, including the snapped one (which I shoved
back into the soil, and is looking surprisingly healthy considering -
probably to do with the amount of rain falling on it atm.

Fortunately, the snapped one is an organic Dundoo, which I appear to have
most of. I also have some (yellow) Jemmer, and 2 green bush. If it had
been one of the green bush that I snapped I'd have been more upset, as they
tend to be the best for fruiting, and I don't know why only 2 germinated.

I do have some others - Black Beauty, and maybe another, but they aren't
doing so well. Think I must have been using dodgy soil for one batch I
planted, as I have a lot of cantaloupe and melons that aren't thriving, too.

It's a good vegetable, taken in moderation; but you seem to be a
courgette addict: shouldn't you seek treatment?

--
Mike.