Old 13-06-2011, 01:31 AM posted to rec.gardens
Frank Frank is offline

Default Scent v perfume v fragrance

On Jun 12, 8:05*pm, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:55:25 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Frank wrote:

On 6/12/2011 6:26 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 18:02:48 -0400, Frank
*wrote:

On 6/12/2011 5:34 PM, wrote:
* writes:

I often find the terms are very loosely used and confusing.
What do you guys think?

I always think of.........

Scent: something that you can only smell If you sniff a flower directly.
eg, primroses.

Fragrance: is stronger than scent and can be smelled without sniffing a
flower directly, say in passing close to a plant. eg, roses.

Perfume: Is the srongest and can be smelled from a good distance away.
eg honeysuckle.

I think you meant to post in alt.english.usage.

???

That's what I was thinking.

A skunk has a scent and can be smelled from a good distance away, but
you would not call it a perfume

Wouldn't that be aroma... and I don't mean some unbathed dago! lol

Lot of us aren't fond of you either.

Bordering on intolerant.

Ask me if I care what yoose Life-Of-The-Party pointy headed imbeciles
think... not that yoose are capable of thinking... especially you,
Bullylgoat Schtink. *Notice your initials...

I have to surmise that you are one of these posters that get their
jollies by getting responses.
Print this out and do what you will with it.