Old 13-06-2011, 12:18 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_8_] Jeßus[_8_] is offline

Default Getting rid of an acre of Plantain and Dandelions... organically?

On Sat, 9 Apr 2011 23:27:31 +0800, "Loosecanon"
wrote:

"Jeßus" wrote in message
.. .
As per the subject...

I have about an acre of 'lawn' that has become heavily infested with
dandelion and plantain. This spring I intend ploughing the lot up and
replanting with pasture grasses (who needs an acre of lawn?).

Problem is, I want to do it organically... and I'm out of practical
ideas on how to do this. Any ideas, anyone? Cheers.

Goats followed by chickens

My miniature goats have no interest in either, unfortunately!

The chooks might though, however they already have their own 2 acre
paddock between themselves, the ducks and geese.

You know, it may be worth contacting my local council here... things
are often done on a handshake and unofficial. They may have one of
those gizmos that kill weeds by steam.