Old 13-06-2011, 09:01 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank View Post
On Jun 12, 8:05*pm, Brooklyn1 Gravesend1 wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 16:55:25 -0700, Billy
wrote:

In article ,
Frank wrote:

On 6/12/2011 6:26 PM, Brooklyn1 wrote:
On Sun, 12 Jun 2011 18:02:48 -0400, Frank
*wrote:

On 6/12/2011 5:34 PM, wrote:
* writes:

I often find the terms are very loosely used and confusing.
What do you guys think?

I always think of.........

Scent: something that you can only smell If you sniff a flower directly.
eg, primroses.

Fragrance: is stronger than scent and can be smelled without sniffing a
flower directly, say in passing close to a plant. eg, roses.

Perfume: Is the srongest and can be smelled from a good distance away.
eg honeysuckle.

I think you meant to post in alt.english.usage.

???

That's what I was thinking.

A skunk has a scent and can be smelled from a good distance away, but
you would not call it a perfume

Wouldn't that be aroma... and I don't mean some unbathed dago! lol

Lot of us aren't fond of you either.

Bordering on intolerant.

Ask me if I care what yoose Life-Of-The-Party pointy headed imbeciles
think... not that yoose are capable of thinking... especially you,
Bullylgoat Schtink. *Notice your initials...

I have to surmise that you are one of these posters that get their
jollies by getting responses.
Print this out and do what you will with it.
Heck! there seems to be a little 'off topic' thing going on here but I can't seem to put my finger on it??? hmmm?
I smell a .........
Yay! it's spring!