Old 13-06-2011, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rod[_5_] Rod[_5_] is offline

Default B****y squirrels

On Jun 13, 7:20*am, wrote:
Two years ago the squirrels had most of our strawberry crop, so we had
a fruit cage made by a local blacksmith (the same price as Agriframes
but much stronger. Last year we had a complete glut of strawberries.

Yesterday morning, I discovered that the squirrels were gnawing
through the plastic netting nag getting, letting the blackbirds and
thrushes in as well. I spent two hours in the rain fitting chicken
netting round the base, so now we hall have to see if they climb up
that and attack from higher up. might be time for the trap!

Jonathan

Forget the trap, there'll be other squirrels and no fruit. Wire
netting is the only answer, squirrels will destroy anything else if
there's cherries or strawberries on the other side