Old 14-06-2011, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible,rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Food poisoning from salmonella up in United States

In article ,
Frank wrote:

On 6/13/2011 8:00 PM, Billy wrote:
In ,
wrote:

On 6/13/2011 4:52 PM, Billy wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/12/op...r=1&ref=nichol
asdkristof

Not arguing. I agree with you. Editorial in C&E News just mentioned
the stupidity of using antibiotics to help fatten up farm animals.

I had a lot of dealings with food packaging issues when doing regulatory
consulting in plastics. There were a lot of issues but the fact is that
people are killed by stuff in food, not the packaging.

Yeah, but there is acute toxicity, and chronic toxicity. Not every
poison strikes you down like a bolt of lightening.

All considered when evaluating toxicity. Some long term tests like
carcinogenicity cost millions to run. I've seen non-food contact
materials dropped from the market because testing costs exceeded any
potential profit.

So were back to arguing human cost over financial profit?

It should not be forgotten that review articles written by authors with
affiliations to the tobacco industry have been found to be 88 times more
likely to conclude that passive smoking is not harmful than if the
article is written by authors with no connection to the tobacco industry
(Wise, J. (1998) BMJ. 316)
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/