Old 14-06-2011, 10:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default Devon sorb

Sacha wrote:
I thought I saw you in the nursery at the week end but by the
time I got down there 'you' had gone! *I'm assuming it wasn't you
because I think someone would have told me!

No, it wasn't me - I'd always pop in anyway. Once June is out of the
way, I'll have a bit more free time and will come over. I've just had
a quick look at the Dartington Agroforestry site. They've even got a
few things that interest me! It's very ambitious - I have expected to
see Citrus amongst that lot, but no I'll content myself with one or
two figs. Speaking of Citrus, my Valencia orange, which I've had for
quite a few years and have never afforded it any protection, is making
a stupendous recovery after last winter and the first flowers are
starting to open. Admittedly they're a month or so later than normal,
but it did get a hell of a pasting in December. My limequat died
though, so there's nothing to stick in the gin!