Old 15-06-2011, 09:57 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Hill View Post
On Jun 14, 5:32*pm, scrapmum
wrote:
Hi folks
I have just joined and I have a question for you that I hope you can
help me with. *
I have some stunning pom pom primulas which are getting very clumpy (is
that a real word)? *How and when do I thin them out because I have never
done this before?

--
scrapmum

I presume you mean Primula Denticula by pop pom primula.
I suppose it's just conceivable they could be double primroses, which have become popular over the last few years.

Just after flowering would be the time to divide them. Dig them up - you;'ll see that they are indeed a clump of separate plants - and gently pull, shake, and tease them apart. Replant, and keep them well watered for the rest of the summer until they're well settled.