Old 15-06-2011, 10:10 AM
scrapmum's Avatar
scrapmum scrapmum is offline
Registered User

Hi
I think it is Primula Denticulata they are purple and look like the picture of this species.
I am a bit worried abut going on holiday and leaving them for two weeks without water as they are in a sunny position, not that we are having much sun just now.
If I came back would dividing them in mid August be too late for them or should I leave them till next spring?
Anne Marie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay View Post
I suppose it's just conceivable they could be double primroses, which have become popular over the last few years.

Just after flowering would be the time to divide them. Dig them up - you;'ll see that they are indeed a clump of separate plants - and gently pull, shake, and tease them apart. Replant, and keep them well watered for the rest of the summer until they're well settled.
Scrapmum
Anne Marie