Old 15-06-2011, 10:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Roy Bailey[_2_] Roy Bailey[_2_] is offline

Default Small tree and Cherry tomatoes

In article , queen eleanor
writes

Hello,

I was wondering if someone could help me.

Also, someone has given me some cherry tomato plants which are in my
kitchen window. I don't know how to care for them, can someone give me
some tips. I would prefer them to be outside. I don't have a proper
greenhouse but I do have a mini greenhouse from Homebase.

I have grown cherry tomatoes very successfully in large pots (about 9
inches diameter) filled with a mixture of soil and garden compost. These
were stood out on a low wall with a southerly aspect, and produced loads
of the most delicious little fruits. I am following the same procedure
this year and the plants are looking very good.

Frequent watering and feeding is essential. Do not pinch out the side
shoots; let them just grow and fruit. Because they form a wide, low bush
with the stems hanging down they can be grown in hanging baskets, but
these require more watering. You won't get many plants in a mini
greenhouse!

Roy.
--
Roy Bailey