Old 15-06-2011, 12:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Pom pom primula

On Jun 15, 10:10*am, scrapmum
wrote:
Hi
I think it is Primula Denticulata they are purple and look like the
picture of this species. *
I am a bit worried abut going on holiday and leaving them for two weeks
without water as they are in a sunny position, not that we are having
much sun just now. *
If I came back would dividing them in mid August be too late for them or
should I leave them till next spring?
Anne Marie

kay;926856 Wrote:

I suppose it's just conceivable they could be double primroses, which
have become popular over the last few years.

Just after flowering would be the time to divide them. Dig them up -
you;'ll see that they are indeed a clump of separate plants - *and
gently pull, shake, and tease them apart. Replant, and keep them well
watered for the rest of the summer until they're well settled.

--
scrapmum

As I said " in less favourable conditions I'd leave it till the end of
Sept".
they are in a sunny position, this would qualify as less favourable in
my book
David