Old 15-06-2011, 10:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Wasps Nest in bird box

"Gordon H" wrote in message
Hi, I haven't posted here for a long time, only growing strawberries this
year...

I am undecided what to do about a wasps nest which has appeared in one of
my camera bird boxes. It obscured the camera as soon as it was
established, so no fun watching them build.

I left it alone, and watched the wasps buzzing in and out, accepting that
it would never be a very large nest, but to my dismay it is being extended
out of the nest box hole, and I foresee it enveloping the whole box
eventually.

Should I let them be, or get it removed?
I know they are supposed to be good for the garden, but...
--

Let them be.