Old 16-06-2011, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_3_] Ian B[_3_] is offline

Default The Green Thing

'Mike' wrote:
At the till, in the supermarket, the cashier told an older woman that
she should bring her own grocery bags because plastic bags weren't
good for the environment. The woman apologized to him and explained,
"We didn't have the 'green thing' back in my day."

The clerk responded, "That's our problem today; your generation did
not care enough to save our environment."

Disgusting behaviour. In a sane world, such a rude shop assistant would be
at least reprimanded and ideally sacked for such impertinence to a customer.

Ian