Old 17-06-2011, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default The Green Thing

"MuddyMike" wrote in message
om...

"Bill Grey" wrote in message

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
On Thu, 16 Jun 2011 16:57:03 +0100, Pam Moore
wrote:

I Like it. Only us oldies will understand or appreciate this.
Thanks

I am an oldie and think most things are better, less wasteful and less
polluting than when I was a kid.

Steve

--
Neural network software applications, help and support.

Neural Planner Software www.NPSL1.com

Les wastefull ??...you must be joking!

We had one bin in the old days, now you see black, green pink and white
bags at the roadside and a fleet of refuse collecting lorries in
formation like the Red Arrows going round on collection day!

How much pollution these lorries generate needs some explanation.

Which leads me to thinking.When I was a lad all parcels were delivered by
the post office who still deliver here most days. However last Wednesday
we had four different couriers deliver four different items as well as the
postman bringing the letters. How much pollution did that lot create?

Mike

How many cars to a family now?

And we now have Dishwashers, Freezers, etc in addition to those items listed
in the dit.

We are a "I want it now" and "A throw away" Society.

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.