Old 17-06-2011, 11:12 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Chili Peppers

Danzo wrote:
'David Hare-Scott[_2_ Wrote:
;927017']Danzo wrote:-
hey,
i have some Bhut Jolokia seeds sitting at home which i forgot about.
If i start germinating them now (16 June) and keep them in a
greenhouse will they die before they fruit? + i live in London.

Thx -

What will be the temperature in your greenhouse at 6am in 5 months
time?

id imagine itll be only 3,4 degrees warmer than the outside temp.
unless i invest in heating...

That doesn't help since I have no good idea what the outside temperature is
likely to be.

I am guessing the greenhouse is going to turn your miserable excuse for a
summer into something like hot enough for chillis for the next couple of
months at most provided it has a good aspect. After that it will be dipping
into single figures degrees C most nights and not breaking 20c daily.
Chillis like a long hot growing season not a short cold one. I don't like
your chances of getting these plants to maturity. But if I had some facts
about your climate I might be more certain.

David