Old 19-06-2011, 12:01 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
In article ,
lid says...

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 Bob Hobden wrote:

"Ian B" wrote

I inherited this from my mother, and have no idea what it is. Any idea,
anyone?

Garden 1 pictures by spoonman242 - Photobucket
=view&current=Image004-1.jpg

Garden 1 pictures by spoonman242 - Photobucket
=view&current=Image005.jpg

It would be nice to know what care it's meant to be getting, though
this is
the second year it has flowered so it can't be too unhappy...

As others have said it's a Clivia miniata,

I'm surprised that everyone else thinks it's a Clivia miniata.

Well, it is. Clivia leaves are evergreen, wider, more prolific and more
leathery than amaryllis.

Janet
Amaryllis has pointed petals, which are in two sets of three one set inside the other ( botanically it's 3 petals and 3 sepals)

This plant has rounded petals, and they're not so obviously overlapping as amaryllis. And the colour is too orangey for amaryllis.