Old 18-06-2011, 10:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_3_] Ian B[_3_] is offline

Default Plant ID Please

Janet wrote:
In article ,
lid says...

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 Bob Hobden wrote:

"Ian B" wrote

I inherited this from my mother, and have no idea what it is. Any
idea, anyone?

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/...en%201/?action
=view&current=Image004-1.jpg

http://s1143.photobucket.com/albums/...en%201/?action
=view&current=Image005.jpg

It would be nice to know what care it's meant to be getting, though
this is
the second year it has flowered so it can't be too unhappy...

As others have said it's a Clivia miniata,

I'm surprised that everyone else thinks it's a Clivia miniata.

Well, it is. Clivia leaves are evergreen, wider, more prolific and
more leathery than amaryllis.

It's most definitely evergreen. If amaryllis isn't, that excludes amaryllis
I'm afraid.

Ian