Old 19-06-2011, 01:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default "All change"

In message , Kate
Morgan writes

Where do you fit in?
Mike

Not much changed in 50 years, except that since my wife died 16 years
ago I haven't really had the enthusiasm for growing veg. T'ain't
hardly worth it when you are alone, and you give most of it away.

One exception - strawberries, I'll never buy them again, they just don't
match up with home grown.

Same marriage-40+ years and 12 years in this garden, it hasn't changed
all that much, I have stopped doing bedding stuff except for sunflowers
and sweet peas, but I do more shrubs and trees.

kate

Yes, mine gradually went "low-maintenance" Hollow laugh with shrubs
and perennials.

If this was a dating site I might offer to try some runner beans,
chantenay carrots, mange toute, salad leaves again, but we'd have to
share 'em with the snails...

(Assume huge smiley).
--
Gordon H