Old 19-06-2011, 03:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Shady Lawn Advice

On Sat, 18 Jun 2011 12:27:24 +0200, Martin wrote:
[...]

Go to a garden centre that stocks a large variety of grass seed and
buy seed that grows well in shady places for example under tree.

We got advice on which seed to buy and bought from
http://www.rvroger.co.uk/?linksource=frontpage near Pickering in N
Yorkshire. They also give good advice on seed potatoes and have a
large stock of varieties at the right time of year.

I assume you were satisfied with the result? I've been saying to some
friends that "shade-tolerant" may be what it says on the packet,
but,grump, grump... I'll be pleased to be proved wrong.

--
Mike.