Old 19-06-2011, 09:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default at last, someone wants my muck heap :-)

"Janet" wrote in message
In article ,
says...

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 11:55:53 +0100, "Kate Morgan"
wrote:

I have been trying to find someone who want`s my muck heap for ages, now
at
last a gentleman a few villages down the road want`s some to replenish
all
the village floral tubs hanging baskets etc. now when we drive thro the
village and see how the flowers look we will be able to smile and thank
our
horses. He also want more for his allotment, I am so pleased, daft isn't
it
but I am easily pleased.

kate

Did he collect?

The thing stopping most people is the lack of transport available.

Someone here runs Riding for the Disabled and pastures a number of
horses as well as their own.They bag the manure in old fertiliser sacks
(free from farmer) and park the full sacks at easy parking access for
anyone to help themselves. I think some of the disabled youngsters also
care for the horses and help fill the bags. There's no charge but they
appreciate any donation to RDA. Take as much as you want, return the empty
sack for re-use. They get rid of all their waste and local gardeners are
very glad of it.

We have a small car; put the back seat down, line the boot with a HD
sheet of plastic and it will take 24 sacks per trip.

Janet

Where is 'here'?

Alan in Windsor