Old 20-06-2011, 12:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default tomatoes not flowering

chancethegardnr wrote:
hello this is my first posting on here and i hope somebody can help.
my tomoatoes in the greenhouse are still not flowering although some
are about 15 inches high. i'm concerned i planted them out too late -
last weekend. i am however near glasgow so the greenhouse even now
still drops to 5-10 degrees at night. will they eventually flower?
i'm hoping they will i've planted out 30 of them!

That is rather cool for t'maters. All you need is a warm spell of a few
weeks with cloudy nights and you will get a flowering, I don't think you are
going to get the continuous flowering and vigorous growth that happens in
warmer climates. Don't give up yet but don't expect too much.

David.