Old 20-06-2011, 01:36 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Nad R Nad R is offline

Default tomatoes not flowering

Billy wrote:
In article ,
chancethegardnr wrote:

hello this is my first posting on here and i hope somebody can help. my
tomoatoes in the greenhouse are still not flowering although some are
about 15 inches high. i'm concerned i planted them out too late - last
weekend. i am however near glasgow so the greenhouse even now still
drops to 5-10 degrees at night. will they eventually flower? i'm hoping
they will i've planted out 30 of them!

You need a soil temp of 70F, and night time temps in the 50Fs for
tomatoes. Ten degrees Fahrenheit would flat out kill a tomato plant, so
you must either not know how to read a thermometer, or you are a troll.

hmmm...

The poster is from the UK. I believe the poster is using Celcius for
temperature. Ten degrees Celsius is Fifty Degrees Fahrenheit.