Old 20-06-2011, 12:58 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default tomatoes not flowering

"Billy" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Billy wrote:
In article ,
chancethegardnr wrote:

hello this is my first posting on here and i hope somebody can help.
my tomoatoes in the greenhouse are still not flowering although some
are about 15 inches high. i'm concerned i planted them out too late
- last weekend. i am however near glasgow so the greenhouse even now
still drops to 5-10 degrees at night. will they eventually flower?
i'm hoping they will i've planted out 30 of them!

You need a soil temp of 70F, and night time temps in the 50Fs for
tomatoes. Ten degrees Fahrenheit would flat out kill a tomato plant,
so you must either not know how to read a thermometer, or you are a
troll.

Billy, who clearly is not a troll must be having a severe bout of
American
Parochialism. The fit comes on them and they have to go and lie down in
dark room and not type for a few hours. Fear not he will recover.

The civilised world uses thermometers with degrees Celsius. Yes there
are
some exceptions like Liberia and Burma, oh and the USA for some reason.
Your tribe will want us to go back to the Julian calendar soon so you can
get those 13 days back in your lives.

David

Sorry, but I was taught the English system of measurements, as well as
the metric. Where would one expect the English system of measurement to
be used? I caught the error quickly, so you can now go back to your
parochial existence.

What on earth is this "English system of measurements" of which you speak?
As far as I know, there is no such thing.