Old 20-06-2011, 03:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Broad beans & others

Ann Lancing wrote in
:

I am trying to find a safe spray for Broad beans. I have an
insecticide which contains pyretins.
This says not to spray when plants are in flower. Does anyone know
why, is it to protect bees?

You can bin the insecticide I think.
It sounds daft, but your water after washing up can be used.(assuming of
course that you used a detergent) That works if you have a sprayer, and you
do have one if you look at what you have in the cupboard underneath your
sink. All squeesy squeesy these days, and why not? You can re-use them.

Also Ann, and this is a big also, pinch the tops of the plants now, the
pods have set and will give power to the pod, rather than the greenery and
as blackfly thrive on new growth, Done!

Baz