Old 20-06-2011, 08:57 PM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Cleaning out the Blue Tit's Box

Well the birds have flown and they haven't been back to the box, so I guess
they have finished with it for the year.

However, 'should' I clean it out? There's a nice thick layer of soft stuff
in the bottom, why not leave it there for the bird which roosts there in the
winter? Should 'humans' interfere? If it was a hollowed out tree trunk in
the woods, nobody would bring a pair of steps and clean it out!

Advice please from you experts ;-)

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.