Old 21-06-2011, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default "All change"

"Gordon H" wrote in message
In message
, Dave
Poole writes
On Jun 19, 8:29 am, "'Mike'" wrote:

I was at a Masonic Lodge BBQ last night at a member's farm...

SNIP

I'm a bit curious as to what relevance the Masonic Lodge bit carries
to the rest of the post. Strange how things change - my father was a
Provincial Grand Master, WM of several lodges and Lord knows what with
Mark Master Masons. He never found it necessary to mention any of it
during everyday conversation at home or socially, nor for that matter
did any of his masonic colleagues. Funnily enough, friends of mine
who are masons never refer to it 'as a matter of course' either.

It was mentioned to me by an uncle when I was in my 20s. He made it
clear that he could "get me in", but that I would have to make the first
moves. I didn't bother, and my decision was based on some dodgy
dealings I witnessed at close range, involving my manager and a few of his
Masonic cronies who were automatically awarded profitable contracts in
preference to genuine tenders.

I had the unpleasant task of trying to explain why they never won, and
refusing bribes which I was offered. 8-(

The organisation may raise money for charity, but self-interest is the
motivation for many of the members.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply

Isn't it odd, that when exactly the same camaraderie and business dealings
happen in the Golf Club, Cricket Club and such, even in Gardening and
Allotment Clubs, nothing is said? For example, when I was on the Committee
of the Chamber of Commerce, business dealings were made between members.

And what do the members of urg think of http://islandbusinessnetwork.co.uk/
Nothing to do with Masonry

Odd isn't it? ;-))

Mike

NEXT PLEASE :-)

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.