Old 21-06-2011, 09:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Poole Dave Poole is offline
Registered User

Location: Torquay S. Devon
Default "All change"

Bob wrote:
When my Uncle died there was a wreath appeared with a strange inscription
and a friend of the family looked at it and said he didn't realise George
was so high up in the Masons. His family didn't even know he was in the
Masons.

When dad died the funeral, murmurings of "so mote it be" rippled
through parts of the funeral service, which on reflection gave it a
somewhat eerie quality. Understandably, we weren't really paying much
attention at the time and thankfully memories of it have become rather
clouded by the mists of time.

On a much brighter note Bob, those Dietes sailed through our coldest
winter in 30+ years and have several flower spikes as well as new buds
appearing on the old spikes. I'm pretty sure it is D. iridioides
though and not grandiflora. The flowers of grandiflora last a couple
of days and don't have such prominent brown streaks close to the
median marks on the inner petals. Lovely thing nevertheless.