Old 21-06-2011, 04:43 PM
scrapmum's Avatar
scrapmum scrapmum is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by echinosum View Post
It is interesting to observe that the RHS plantfinder lists 46 suppliers of this plant, but none are in Scotland or Northern Ireland. You can get it in Whitby and Doncaster, but in general it isn't sold further north than the Midlands. Though I would have thought it would have done fine in Edinburgh at the very least, considering that they can grow many tender things there that I can't grow in Buckinghamshire. If you are living somewhere where -15 is a rare event, go for it, though you may have to have one mail ordered in if the RHS is reliable on local availability.
My Friend lives in Glasgow so I'm not sure if that counts as near the sea?
Scrapmum
Anne Marie