Old 21-06-2011, 04:35 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
General Schvantzkoph General Schvantzkoph is offline

Default Garden visitor

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:16:45 -0700, Jeff wrote:

On Jun 21, 4:41Â*am, Nad R wrote:
"FarmI" ask@itshall be given wrote:

Last night we found a garden visitor - a fully grown wombat who let
me pat him on the head. Â*I didn't think to take Â*a picture.

I had a garden visitor my self yesterday. It scared the crap out of
me... A fully grown blue racer snake... A rare visitor in my area. Blue
racers here are black, about six feet long and fast two seconds and out
of sight. Non poisonous but they can bite. I how ever had no desire to
pet it

--
Enjoy Life... Nad R Â*(Garden in zone 5a Michigan)

I have had good luck using used cat litter to keep "visitors" out of my
garden.

I assume you mean the old fashion clay litter not the modern clumping
litter. I made the mistake of dumping clumping litter down a groundhog
hole a few years ago, it turned into a horrible slurry which is still
there years later.