Old 21-06-2011, 04:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_3_] Ian B[_3_] is offline

Default Would it harm my Rose bush if cigarette ash was flicked into the soil?

On 2011-04-02 21:43:08 +0100, "Bill Grey"

On 2011-04-02 19:11:55 +0100, harry said:

On Apr 2, 9:29 am, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 2 Apr 2011 01:18:43 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

On Apr 1, 11:00 pm, Sultana Wahab Sultana.Wahab.
wrote:
Apologies if the above question sounds stupid. A nice response
appreciated.
Thanks for reading

--
Sultana Wahab

No. Tobacco is a naturally derived substsnce.

plus chemical additives

The ash would in fact
be benificial.

In what way would flicked cigarette ash be beneficial?
--

Martin

What chemical additives?
Benifits are the same as woodash/ash derived from any plant.
Source of Potassium.

I'd rather use banana skins!
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

I have difficulty in lighting them, even then they're not a nice
smoke anyway.

Bill

Lol! I'll take your word for that, Bill!

We watched an old Heston Blumenthal programme on Belgian TV this week.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b008bylh

In the programme he smoked salmon in a pile of burning straw that he
put in a squirrel trap.
Anybody in his right mind would have smoked the salmon in a closed tin
using oak saw dust.

Those who tried to smoke straw behind the school bike sheds can
imagine the result.

I remember some years ago seeing him make "perfect" mashed potato. After
about three days of careful preparation to the nearest .1 degree centigrade,
cooling it down, heating it up, and so on, he had about a spoonful of
unappetising looking slop. How we laughed, it became a bit of a running joke
in the family.

Ian