Old 21-06-2011, 11:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Pigeon Poo

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 14:07:16 -0700 (PDT), Rikki
wrote:

A local pigeon keeper has offered me pigeon droppings for my garden.
Can they be put on my allotment and when?

After they've been thoroughly composted with vegetable matter. All
dung should be composted, but bird droppings are particularly brutal.
When planting out some saplings, I thoughtlessly put one where I'd
previously had a chicken house: it died in inconceivable agony.

--
Mike.